Summer time is here, and there is no better place than the river to hang out!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
River Time and Tadpoles
Rich got off early from work unexpectedly yesterday, so I packed up dinner and we headed to the river for a picnic.
The kids loved it, and Rich and I had a great time watching them splash in the "slight" current (read: will suck you away faster than you know it) and collecting tadpoles (read: I now have something else to take care of, and when these little guys die there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth).


My dinner was awesome for being thrown together! I BBQ-ed some marinated chicken tenders, cut them up and tossed them on the salad that I was planning on serving that night. I also cooked up some broccoli and some cheesy biscuits, wrapped them up, and served that to the kids on paper plates on the beach of the river. It was a pretty fancy schmancy picnic!
Summer time is here, and there is no better place than the river to hang out!

Summer time is here, and there is no better place than the river to hang out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment