Sunday, October 28, 2007

Long Time No Blog

I have a million excuses, but none of them really matter. My camera batteries were dead, pregnancy, my house is always dirty, etc. Truth of the matter is, I just haven't made the time to do any blogging lately. But - I am back!
I had a great weekend away with an old friend from high school/college. She lives down in Hermosa Beach, and offered to let me come and visit for a couple of days for some well needed rest and "me" time. Thank you Katie!
My morning/all day sickness has started to wain, but I am still about 3 weeks from feeling good again. I actually feel really old. My hips ache, my back aches, I am tired.....who thought this would be a good idea? Oh yeah, probably my husband.
The kids are doing great. Cannon seems to learn a new word every day, and although we don't understand them all, he is doing better communicating what he wants. He knows a few baby signs, and that certainly helps fill in a few gaps. His proudest smiles come after he says thank you (sounds more like "daint two") and we respond with a "good boy"! Brynn is wanting to be involved with everything that I do. She wants to help cook, she wants to help clean, she wants to push the shopping cart at the grocery store. I often find her trying to keep Cannon on the straight and narrow while they play, and although I am proud of her for trying to help out, I have to remind her gently that she is not mommy. I don't want her to grow up too fast! She is excited to share a room with Cannon, and I am waiting to see what happens.
My birthday is coming up, and Rich has something exciting planned, but I am not sure what at this point. I do love surprises, and he is doing his best to keep it all from me. A few things have slipped, but I can't wait to see what is going on. More to come on that one...
I will do some more catching up tomorrow.


No comments: