Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

It's 8am. The kids JUST woke up.
Any other day I would start worrying that they were sick, but after the last few days that we have had I know that they are just exhausted.
I finished wrapped all the gifts yesterday, so today looks to actually be a relaxing Christmas Eve...If you don't count the fact that the one thing on my "to-do" list is clean and organize and purge the kids room to make space for the new belongings that are coming in the next 24 hours....
That, and the fact that Brynn will be dancing two times in the Christmas Eve services at church tonight. We will squeeze dinner in between, probably something super healthy and delicious like McDonald's.
I am not complaining though. I am so grateful to be here in this moment. To be present. To sit with the kids and listen to them chatter about who knows what. To have some time to reflect on the excitement of the upcoming night and morning. To celebrate the birth of the Greatest Gift Ever.

May peace settle your hectic lives.
May joy fill your heart.
May love live in your home.
From my family to yours,
Merry Christmas!

No comments: