Thursday, October 11, 2012

Patrick and Abdul

My house is so full right now.
My cupboards are full.
My fridge is full.
And my garage is full.

These boys are amazing.
Their smiles are bright, cheerful, and real.
They give out grateful hugs for everything from "hello" to "thanks for dinner".

I am feeling so overwhelmed, so blessed, so humbled right now to have had this opportunity.
My kids are learning so much.
I am learning so much.  Much more then I thought I would.
I mean, I've been to Africa.  I've spent a month surrounded by people who owned less then I brought in my one bag over there.  I experienced meals sitting on the floor of mud "houses" with people who gave up a months salary to feed me with rice.
I have shared in the joy of childbirth and the sadness of funerals with those people.
I've done it.

But now I'm here, and these boys are in my home, and so many things are different for me, but so much is the same for them. My heart is being tugged on, and I don't quite know why yet.

I asked Patrick today if he was going to miss us when they left.
He said that this was his favorite place to stay.
I don't care if he says that to everyone.
It still makes me happy.

I can't even begin to express in words how much this experience is blessing me.
My house is full, but my heart is fuller. 

No comments: