Saturday, March 16, 2013

February

Here's a quick run down of  February....

A most fitting title for our family this February is "Sickness Month".
We had the stomach flu....twice.
We had coughs and fevers....in multiple kids.
We had ear infections and pink eye....
Yay!

 
 
 
 


But, like everything, there is always a bright side!

Valentines Day was mellow. No need for the stress of making a reservation anywhere...because we were barfing. I had time to make a little Vday gift for the hubs (a year of dates tailored exactly to us and what we like), and some quick and easy valentines for the kids to give out to their classmates.

 
 
 I had plenty of time to catch up on some projects around the house...since I was housebound taking care of myself, and the sick zombies that were my kids. I re-did some recipes in my recipe binder, and purged my file folder...and alphabetized it.  So much fun...


While we were all sick, I realized how sadly lacking my flu kit was...so I made a list of all the things that could improve it, and FINALLY finished putting it together.

 
 
 
 I was able to purge my medicine cabinet of all the almost expired medicines...

And I spent some time putting together a list of all the projects that I want to accomplish around the house.  It's a doozy of a list...but hopefully will shrink rather then grow as time goes on.

 We had EPIC battle scenes built with army guys and Bumblebee the Transformer. 
The army guys won...




 
 We got a new heater....cause ours was leaking CO...
I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that we could've all died....


 And I got to replace my toothbrush head after the hubs sent me this text from the bedroom during one of his bouts with the flu....


 

 We "test drove" a dog for a couple days. It didn't work out...cause she ran away.
I had to rescue her from the pound a couple days later, and we promptly returned her to the original owner.



 And this little guy has shown some interest in the potty.  Which is good....I guess?


 Cannon's trying out Basketball this year.  We will see how it goes...so far he is liking it, and Rich is able to help out with coaching here and there.


 But most exciting is the kid dates that we are doing. For Valentines Day, our gift to the kids was a year of dates with them. One on one.  A time for just them, and us.  Something that doesn't happen often enough.
I took Cannon to the airport for Root Beer floats, and watching the planes take off. 
We had a great time!



 

 

 

 

 For the shortest month of the year, it sure feels like a LOT happened!!

No comments: