Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Earthquake

There was a little earthquake the other night.
It was centered in Napa, but it woke us up here with some serious rolling of the house.
I jumped out of bed and ran into the girls room to get them up and out of bed. 
Rich stumbled out of bed, hunched over like an old man and shuffled to get the boys.
No joke.
(He says it was rolling so bad that he couldn't get his balance.)
I say....whatever.

Needless to say, we got less sleep then we intended.
We sat out on the couch, and Elissa and I texted eachother to share about how we each had reacted to the quake. They had layed in bed, listening to the pool water splash out, versus my crazy adrenaline fueled rampage in the house to collect children and dogs.
I got the important info via facebook (because we all know that is more accurate then the news...)

And we rounded out the eve with the kids all sleeping on the floor in our room in case we had to run out of the house quickly.

{I am thinking I should REALLY get that earthquake kit done.....}


No comments: