Monday, January 14, 2008

Hawaii '08

The first thing that everyone wanted to do was hit the beach. It was amazing. Warm water, warm sand, short walk from the house. Absolutely perfect. I felt really old, and young at the same time. I can't remember the last time that I wanted to play in the sand so badly. The excitement was contagious. The only part that I couldn't stand was being covered in it from head to toe. I felt like I had to keep getting in the water, cleaning myself off, and trying to dry before I sat down again. And keeping the kids from dragging sand on the towel? Impossible. By the end of the trip, I did let loose and get over all of the sand all over the place. We even managed to bring about a handful home with us (not on purpose)...

Rich surfing outside the condo

Dancing in the sand

Building castles

Going Hawaiian Style

No comments: