Sunday, January 27, 2008

Poor Puppy

So I had to take Treks to the vet the other day because he had been licking his paw for a few days and was obviously bothered by it. I called early in the morning and got an available appt. that was only a few minutes away. Thank goodness the vet is close. I loaded my limping dog into the car, and headed to the vet. When I arrived, they asked me what paw was hurt, and I told them the right foot. (Turns out that it is MY right, his left - awkward...)
The vet searched for a thorn, bristle, scrap of metal, glass etc. What she found was an "abrasion", and a small one at that. Basically he had scraped his foot very lightly, and had irritated it by licking it too much. So, she washed it, put some antibiotics on it, covered it with gauze, tape and sent me home with a $60 bill.
When we got home, Treks milked it for all it was worth. He wouldn't bear weight on it, he walked around on 3 legs as if his other one was broken. It was worthy of an award. "And the Oscar goes to .....Treks for best performance as an injured dog in the drama category".

No comments: