Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Pretty" School

Brynn started preschool this week. She goes two days a week for half days. I have to admit that I struggled with the emotions of knowing that this was the start of a long career of schooling. I can't believe that she has been home with me for four years. It seems that every day drags on, but looking back, the time has flown by. Brynn was excited to go, but started to get a tiny bit anxious the night before with questions of whether or not we were going to be there. She then posed the concern that she wasn't sure she knew how to make friends. I assured her that she was pretty good at making friends since she does it where ever we go. (A more legitimate concern - for me - is that she can't wipe after a poop, but making friends sure isn't an issue...)
I didn't cry or anything like that when we dropped her off. I actually was pretty excited for her, (and myself). I took the other two and went and did errands, and managed quite well with two again!
I think that Cannon enjoyed some time with me without older sister "mothering" him too. There was no fighting, bickering or "he touched me first" arguments in the store or the car for a few hours.
When we picked up Brynn at 12:45, she was tired and happy. She had made a new best friend "Olivia - actually Grace", and was excited to come back on Friday to "pretty school". ( I can't bear to tell her that the name is actually preschool, and not pretty school.)


First day of preschool


Crazy pose...can your foot do that?

No comments: