Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Thorn Goblinsnap

It all started at the dentist during our last family appointment in the beginning of January.
I was looking at Cannon's teeth before he went in to have them cleaned by the assistant, and noticed that his adult tooth was already growing in behind his baby tooth.
And when I mean growing in, I mean, almost as tall as the baby tooth.
Apparently I missed this.
And so did Rich.
And when it's all said and done, it's totally his fault because he is the "ok with teeth" guy, and I am the "head between my knees, gonna pass out, not ok with teeth" girl.

Anywho.
When we went in to see the dentist I basically threw Rich under the bus and blamed him for his lack of observation powers when it comes to dealing with the kids teeth.
Sad, but totally true.

The dentist gave us two weeks to get that sucker out, otherwise he would take care of it, to the neat cost of $50 or so.
You can bet that we worked on it.
Or should I say, I nagged Rich, and he worked on it.

Well, last night they got it out.
There was some shrieking.
Some cheering.
And then there was me, pacing like a caged animal, cleaning anything in my path to work out my anxiety.
I have some issues.
Obviously.

I called out some helpful tips (that I have heard about, because I certainly haven't tried them) from the hallway, and with a washcloth, some elbow grease, and a determined dad it came out!


We got to pull out the long awaited tooth fairy pillow, and he wrote a note with a bazillion questions to be answered, and waited for his tooth fairy.


His tooth fairy (Thorn Goblinsnap) answered all the questions (every. single. one) in itty bitty writing, left him a crisp (actually, totally wilty, old and dirty) dollar bill and he is one happy kid!!! Welcome to the world of big boy teeth buddy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

My Belly Book is just a silly like thing that I did with Mallory. I edited a handful of belly pictures that Matthew and I had taken (some together, some just of me, some of just the belly) and had it turned into a book. I don't know why... it's not like it sits out on the coffee table, maybe it's so that someday I can look back and enjoy being prego without actually being prego. The last one turned out beautiful though, hopeing for the same with this one. You are more then welcome to see either or both books (once this one is done). :)