Monday, April 09, 2012

April Fools

We tried to have a little bit of fun with the kids this year for April Fools. For breakfast I added a drop of food coloring to the kids cereal bowls, and covered it with cereal. The idea was that it was supposed to change color when I poured on the milk. Rich and I were pretty excited waiting for their reaction - which never happened. Too bad one drop doesn't do anything....note to self: you need to add a few (as is more than 3) to make this little joke work. Total dud.

For Dinner I decided to do the whole "meatloaf and mash potatoes that look like a cupcake" deal. You want to know how to make a kid gag?
You serve this.
Cannon took a bite, and almost lost it. It doesn't help that he HATES potatoes of any form (french fries included).

For dessert I served "Spaghetti and Meatballs". Maeve wouldn't even touch it until the others convinced her that it wasn't actually spaghetti.
I kept waiting all day for Rich to pull something on me, even though I warned him that I don't like to be pranked. I mean, I don't mind little things. I have bitten into my fair share of sandwiches with chips, or shrimp tails, or even the paper they put between the cheese slices hidden in my turkey. Those always make me laugh! (And trust me, I can give it as good as I get it...) But I happened to see him googling "April Fools' Pranks" and told him I wasn't really up for something mean, like having him jump out of a dark closet or pretend that he got fired or something like that. I mean, seriously, I've given birth to 4 pretty big kids. My bladder is weak...I can't handle that kind of stuff.

No comments: