Saturday, June 02, 2012

Summer Happenings

School's out!
Hooray!
Time for kids to be home with me all. day. long.

We are trying to up the "fun factor" here since the kids are getting older and are not entertained by me telling them to count the numbers of the windows in the house anymore.

We put up the 3 year old pool (lifesaver!) and to my surprise, it still holds water!
We moved it from the back patio to the side patio.  When our outdoor table shattered in one of the windstorms of the spring (boo) - my bad : apparently you are supposed to take the umbrellas down when the wind is gusting - it cleared out a decent space for the pool (yay).

Then we picked up a free basketball hoop and put it out front. 
Let's all agree that even though its "for the kids" its really "for the hubs".

Then we went big and got a trampoline!  It barely (and I mean BARELY) fit in the space outside of our bedroom.  Not the prettiest thing to look at when we open our eyes in the morning, but tons of fun for the kids...and lets be real - tons of fun for me too!

I have a few things on my "to-do" list for this summer.
I want to finish a ton of my projects.
I want to clean and organize my whole house.
I want to check off the stuff that my kids have put on our "50 Fun Things of Summer" list.
I want to inspire my non reader daughter to read something this summer.
I also just want to relax. And swim. And sit out on the trampoline and watch the stars with the hubs. And enjoy the all my extra time with the kids...when they are not fighting...

Flip flops. Sunblock. Open windows at night.
Love this time of year!

No comments: