Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day

Today I get to brag about my husband and my dad. Both of these men have played a tremendous role in my life. My father is a kind, generous man of integrity who has never failed to impress on me Godly, moral values. The time he spent teaching me, working with me and disciplining me showed me how much he loved me, and I can't thank him enough for that.
My husband also shares many of the same traits as my dad. He is a patient, honest man who never tires of his kids or wife. He never fails to have the right words of wisdom in any situation, and has been a leader in our family from day one. He inspires me to learn more about God, the bible and my faith. He treats me like the lady I deserve to be. He encourages me to do the things that I dream of, and speaks the truth about the things in which I am going to fail. He takes the time to play with his kids, and teach them God's truths. He is willing to be silly or stern, depending on the circumstance. He is leading by example in my family, with my son and daughter. He works more than a full time job so that I can stay home and raise our children. Without him I could never be the woman that I am today. I thank God for giving me a man like him to spend the rest of my life with.
To both of these men in my life, I say a big "Thank you!!!" Thank you for loving me, and being there for me. Thank you for never doubting me, or giving up on me. Thank you for choosing to love Christ, and truly showing me what God's love is.
Happy Fathers Day.

No comments: