Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh Boy

Dear Son,
Besides my dad, there were always girls in my family. I have one sister and both of my cousins are girls. We even only had female pets. (My poor dad...) You will have to forgive me, but this whole "boy" thing is really a change. I feel like everyday I am going to get hurt. So far this week you have:
1. Headbutted me on the forehead
2. Headbutted me on the eye
3. Headbutted me on the lip
4. Slapped me on the face
5. and tackled my legs
Sometimes I flinch when you start throwing things, and I think to myself, is this normal??? At this point you are only a 23 lb - 1 year old. What damage will you do to me by the time you are 10? I fully expected some "boyish" behaviors, but I don't know if I will survive these next few years. I get more hurt holding you in the supermarket than most people get in a weekend softball game. Your "dancing" managed to bring tears to my eyes, but I think it was because you slammed your arm into my nose. I almost lost an ear piercing while I was changing your diaper, and I am still not sure how that happened. I know that your dad encourages "body slams" and "pink belly's" but I am so scared every time I lay down on the floor that I might not be able to get up again. Please try not to throw yourself around so much until your dad gets home, because I don't know if I can handle too much more....
Broken and Bleeding,
Your Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well put!!! I can't believe how tough little guys are from such an early age. I'm sure Cannon will be trying to drop bombs on Noah soon. :)
D