Friday, November 02, 2007

30th Birthday!!!!!

Wow, what a day. Give me a few moments to bask in the glory of having an entire day dedicated to me! Nothing beats a birthday, and this one was great!

Let me brag about my hubby for a few minutes. Rich took it upon himself to entirely plan my 30th birthday. He worked on it for months, and I was amazed at the results.
We started off the morning with pancakes - or as we call them - mancakes. Yummy. I will give you the recipe if you really want. Then the kids were dropped off at Bamas and we took off for the first part of the day. We went to Safari West. It was amazing. It is surreal to take a safari throughout the hills and see tons of varieties of animals that are usually found on the African continent.
We had up close and personal contact with 18 ft tall giraffes, and watched impalas bounce skittishly along the hillsides.
We saw long horned cattle, buffaloes, and gazelles. We watched zebras graze on the grass, and wildebeests prance around. (Ok, so they don't prance so much as scuttle) It was weird to think that we had just driven a short distance and were now surrounded by all these exotic animals enjoying the freedom of hundreds of acres of Sonoma county hills.
After our 3 hour tour, we headed to Calistoga for the most delicious BBQ that I have had in a long time. Then we headed home for our scheduled "nap". My hubby thinks of everything! A pregnant lady always needs her rest!
We had "dinner plans" at 6:30, that turned out to be a well planned surprise party for me!
My very first one! I was very surprised, and immensely enjoyed seeing all my friends and family. Rich had everyone write a letter and send a picture to put into an album for me to cherish forever. It was pretty special, and I cried over a few of the entries.
All in all, it was a day dedicated to making me feel special. To my friends that helped out, thanks. To my family that opened up their home, thanks. To all the people that took the time to write down some letter of affirmation, memory or remembrance, thank you so much. To my hubby, who spent more hours on this day, than he did helping plan our wedding - you scored major points and I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments: