Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Overload

We survived Thanksgiving! Rich was disappointed that he could only put down one helping of dinner. He had, unfortunately, filled up on my rosemary spiced walnuts prior to the feast. The kids have colds, but managed to charm all the relatives as usual. Even with snot dripping down their faces, people still wanted to be surrounded by them. (I don't get it...)
I brought home some leftovers, and will eat turkey sandwiches (whole wheat bread - slightly toasted, with mayo, turkey, salt and pepper) for a few days. Saturday we head down to Marin County for another Thanksgiving. This one will be filled with lots more eating, and tons of visiting time with relatives.
Just for sentimental sake, here is a short list of the things that I am thankful for:
1. My family
2. My warm home
3. My church
4. My friends and family
5. My pregnancy
6. My dog
7. Yummy food
8. Good jokes
9. My favorite TV shows, and a VCR to record them with (no we have not stepped into the world of digital TV, DVRs, etc)
10. Diet Soda

Brynn's List:
1. Mom
2. Dinner
3. God
4. God loves me
5. Jesus
6. Lord
7. The people who didn't be naughty
8. Leaves that are pretty on the trees
9. Pictures
10. Carpet in our rooms

Cannon's List:
1. Turkey (It really sounded like he said this)
2. Binky (This could have been the first one...)
3. Thank you



1 comment:

Kelly Meirik said...

great lists! brynn's is hilarious but tearingly (i know it's not a word) sweet. I want specifics on yours, not just the big picture. :) I'm a tough one! :)