Friday, January 14, 2011

2 months...

Ok, so please excuse the lack of posting...and lack of pictures.
The good news is that I got a laptop.
The bad news is that I still can't figure all the aspects of it out yet.
Bottom line...I am lame.

Nolan is 2 months, and we are settling in nicely. He is still the most demanding baby EVER, but smiling at us now to make up for it. He basically loves to be held, and if he isn't being held, carried, etc, he is crying, nursing or sleeping. Its a bit rough and I haven't figured out how to get all my stuff done around the house yet while also meeting his needs. We have managed to move him out of our room and into his own bed, so he is giving us a break in that aspect.
He just had a doctors appointment and weighs in at a whopping 12 lbs. He is in the 50th percentile for height and weight, and following the curve.
He is a chunk of love.
At his appointment he also got his first round of vaccines. I learned my lesson early (with Brynn) and I don't go alone to the 2 month appointments. Rich has to do the shots with the babies. I can't take it. Its like their first real pain, and I cry to easily about that. I can handle all the rest, just not the first set....
I am able to breathe a sigh of relief knowing that he is on his way to being protected from all those horrible diseases. Maybe I can be a little bit less of a freak now with the other kids...(insert the constantly nagging mom who requires her children to use gallons of hand sanitizer, wash hands the moment they walk in the door, and for goodness sakes, don't touch the baby's hands.....) Sigh.
I will hopefully get some pictures loaded up soon...hopefully. After I do the dishes, vacuum, fold the laundry, and make dinner - all while holding a 12 lb chunk in my aching arms. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Heidi Jo said...

Those demanding babies... fun stuff. He sounds exactly like Adelaide, who I also call the most demanding baby ever. She always wanted to be with someone and wasn't happy in her crib, stroller, bouncer, swing or anything for a few months. Thank the LORD she is crawling now and able to get around on her own without being carried everywhere. Anyway- I feel for you!