Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sweet Sleep

Guess who got a solid 8 hours of sleep last night?
Let me define "solid"...
1. No getting up to pee
2. No tossing and turning to find a comfy position
3. No children crying out
4. No nursing

Meeeeeeeee!

Nolan let me sleep from 11 pm till 7 am. The kids all slept like angels. Rich wasn't on call. It was a PERFECT night. The kind of night I don't get very often....

And, might I add, it was the first solid eight hours in 11 months. Yep, 11. That is almost a year. One month shy to be exact.....

It TOTALLY makes up for the face that Nolan has been on a every 2 hour feeding spree yesterday and today. I can survive that...cause I got some gooooooood sleep!

I won't even expect that tonight though....for three reasons. #1 - I think last night was a fluke due to a seriously tired baby who had refused naps all day, and insisted on nursing every 2 hours all. day. long. #2 - My eldest has a fever that no doubt will call for a midnight dose of ibuprofen, and a restless night of sleep for her (and me). #3 - Hubby is on call tonight...means late night phone calls, and no guarantee that his warm body will be in bed to snuggle against.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

I hope you enjoyed last night Angie.

Jessica said...

Got to love that!