Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello antibiotics.....

...goodbye pneumonia.

Remember that fever from last Saturday? Well it lingered....and lingered...and lingered. Brynn has been a champ, but after day 6 of high fevers (101 - 103), a cough that is literally driving me crazy, and the most extreme nap schedule she has ever had, I finally called the doc.

We had a 4pm appt, got seen right away, and had chest x-rays done before 5pm. He read the xrays 5 minutes later, and confirmed what he thought he had heard in her tiny little chest. The bottom lobe of the left lung had basically sucked in on itself and was full of infected mucus.....gag.

I won't say that I thought she was faking it...cause someday she might read this and realize what a rotten, non-sympathetic mommy I really am, but I didn't start to suspect pneumonia until day 5 of the fevers. I did think she was exaggerating the coughing, so I should probably apologize for that.....

We now have 80 little white pills that she has to chew up for the next 10 days to help her little body get better. Yes, 80. She opted for the pills to chew, because last year when she had pneumonia she hated the bubble gum flavor of the liquid. I hope that she can make it through eating these horse pills without too much complaint.

She has missed a full week of school, and I have to say, I don't think she minds a bit. We are trying to stay caught up on her school work, but between a certain little man who is nursing every two hours again around the clock, a certain daring, and unbelievably clumsy 2 year old whose favorite activity is jumping from the coffee table to the couch, and a certain overly dramatic, highly emotional 4 year old who is constantly experiencing "the worst day of his entire life" when things don't go his way, I have found it hard to sit down and really focus on makeup work with Brynn.

I don't remember signing up for all this....

No comments: