Thursday, February 10, 2011

Christmas in February

I just realized I never posted these pics from Christmas.
Sad....

We have an annual tradition of going on a drive to look at Christmas lights. I always pack a few little treats, some drinks and we drive around looking at the craziness that people decorate their houses with. I have actually done this since I was a kid, and thankfully, my hubby seems to enjoy it more than my dad ever did. (He isn't much for a drive outside of his city limits, so when my mom would direct us to -heaven forbid- the next town over to look at lights, it was always "interesting" to see how he would handle the 10 minute drive.)
My sis in law and I have tried for the last couple of years to coordinate our families and do the light hunting together, but this is the first year that we actually managed to do it. And to top it off, we borrowed (thanks to my brother in laws "connections") a 15 passenger van to ride together in. It was hilarious! Between the two families, there were 4 rows of seats in the van, each seat with 2 car seats. Peyton and Brynn got the very last row, Cannon and Luke got the 3rd row, Lola and Maeve the 2nd row, my sis in law, myself and Nolan in the first row, and the guys up front "navigating". There was the slight possibility that Rich wasn't going to be able to make it, and I cracked up at the thought of Billy driving the families around...like we were a group of Polygamists or something....
The kids had fun, even though it rained, and the adults had fun, like we always do together. As the night ended we looked back and Elissa called out "3rd row is out". We looked back and saw both of the 4 year olds passed out....mine with a candy cane hanging out of his mouth. Hilarious!



And, on another note, here is my favorite gift from the hubs this year. He got a little crafty (not unusual for him, since he is really artistic) and made these for me. Pillow cases with a special little picture that he embroidered on them....I just love him!!!




2 comments:

Elissa said...

good times

Anonymous said...

Please untwist those straps, very dangerous.
On a positive note, CUTE!!! This was so me exhausted this evening haha