Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Life....

...is busy. Its crazy. Its tiring.

There is a 6 year old chasing me around the house begging me to wiggle her loose teeth. Loose teeth - plural. There are 4 of them. She is chasing me, cause I am running away. I hate teeth. I shudder when I think of teeth. I have "issues" when it comes to teeth. Me running away from her is not a funny game. Its survival.

There is a 4 year old who never stops talking. Never. Stops. Talking. He is curious. He has a question for everything. He has an answer for everything. He will never be at a loss for words. Never.

There is a 2 year old who refuses to take a nap. She refuses to sleep even though her eyes are so heavy at dinner that sometime we wait and all get silent as she falls face first into her food. She refuses to sleep even when we beg her to nap so that the rest of us don't have to deal with her crying, whining, and all the other good stuff that comes from an over tired child. I grit my teeth, and just deal with her during the fits, knowing that she will be asleep at 7pm, and it will again be *slightly* quieter in our house.

And there is a 3 month old who still has yet to commit to a schedule. Sometimes he is hungry every 2 hours. Sometimes every 3. Sometimes (like now) he hasn't eaten in 5 hours and is happily sleeping in his swing, while I silently debate with myself the pros and cons of waking him up to eat.

And then there is the dog....The animal that can clear a room with his gas. The mutt who still thinks he is a puppy and chases cats full speed and then limps around for days afterwards. The pups who follows me from room to room, just like the kids. As if I need another one following me around.....

Yeah, its been a tad bit busy. A tad bit crazy. And I am tired. Tired from lack of sleep, or tired from dodging the 6 year old an her pleas to wiggle those teeth.... who knows, but tired none-the-less.

*Sigh*

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Poor girl! I can't help with the kids, but the limping dog I can help with, if you ever need a vet.... like you have time to take the dog to Healdsburg, right :) Maybe try locking yourself in the bathroom and take a bath (6 years old is old enough to watch a 3 month old, right) ;)