Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Garage Makeover

Our garage has been a constant project since we moved in.
I loved parking my car in it, but eventually gave that up so that the kids could play.
Then, we went for it, and sheet rocked and insulated the whole thing.
We even painted....

I got a craft area for my own use, and the kids got a play area for their use!
We picked up a couch, and got some free carpet, and it's finally feeling like a cozy play room.
It's been a fun transformation, but I still feel like it's not quite right. I would like to do a few more organizational things, but Rich is convinced the I have a "bin habit" and he doesn't really support it. I might just have to do it, and then when he sees how great it looks he will be won over to the "dark side"...

Here is a photo journey of the transformation....the never ending, ongoing transformation!

Chaos, clutter, and kid stuff....everywhere.

Getting closer to done. Still lots of evidence of our kids...

My crafting area all done. Organized, and ready for some serious sewing, and crafts!

Our new living space...being well used! The couch is comfy, and the kids love having a carpet piece for to make it comfy for all the Lego play!

I am thinking a few pillows on the couch, and a few more bins on the shelf....I just might be done.
Maybe....

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Lovin the garage. Im glad you came to your senses about changing it to a playroom. Forget the cars. Better to have a place to send the kids when you need a break. I mean when they want to have fun.