Saturday, October 01, 2011

10 Months...almost 11

How did this month fly by so quickly? Could it be because *cue the sound of singing angels* Nolan is sleeping through the night????
Why, yes, I think it could be!
I guess, technically he isn't fully sleeping through the night, but we no longer go get him, and he gets to cry it out in the crib until his 6am feeding. I put him down around 8pm, and don't have to feed again until 6am. What I do in between those 10 hours is sleep. Usually.


Nolan now eats only what we eat.
It causes some problems though, since he tends to shove it in faster than he can chew it, which results in gagging, some awful noises, and food "re-appearing". Then, 2 of the 3 other kids start to gag, and usually have to turn away before their food "re-appears". Its lots of fun.
But, he refuses to eat baby food. Literally bats away any spoon from his face, and won't open his mouth unless it's his fist shoving food in.
When his tray on the highchair is empty, he grunts and pounds his fist on the table, as a signal that he is ready for more.
It's comical...if you are raising a neanderthals.

He takes 2 naps a day, and I really love it when its time to get him up. He is smiley, and easy going, when he is well rested. I love the way that when I pick him up from his crib he automatically tries to bear hug me with his arms and legs so that I won't put him down. Thankfully my back can handle the extra weight for a while longer.

He has taken some spills, mostly down the 2 steps into the garage, but besides tears, no harm done. He loves to play with the kids, and they still love him. Actually, adore him. There is nothing better then hearing him laugh because of the silly antics of his siblings.

He stood alone for a brief second...when Rich set him down, and let go. But that is as far as it has progressed.

I definitely love this little mans smile, and definitely dread his tears.

1 comment:

Les said...

I was in tears laughing so hard at the thought of the baby stuffing his face, gagging back up, and then kids hurling one by one and then you dry heaving...like something off SNL or something. Thanks : )