Monday, October 03, 2011

Soccer Mom

I "officially" became a soccer mom this weekend!
#1 and #2 played in their first official soccer game Saturday morning at 9am.
Nothing like bright and early on our only day off...

Here are some of the game highlights:
Brynn was goalie for the first half. She blocked the first goal attempt. Of course, it was mostly because she just happened to be standing in the way of the kid who tried to kick it in. We had to let her in on the secret that goalies can use their hands to pick up the ball when they need to.

Cannon had an assist. Of course, while dribbling the ball down the field, it got out of his control, so he reached out, used his hands to grab it away from another kid, and kept right on going.

Maeve made friends with a dog. Then I turned around and looked at her and she was SITTING on it. Thankfully the dog was friendly, and very used to kids.

Nolan escaped my grasp one time and crawled out on the field only once. I feel like that is pretty good considering I was (at the same time) cheering for the 2 on the field, and pulling the 3 year old off of the little cocker spaniel.


I don't know exactly which team won. I don't think there was any active scorekeeping going on. But, if I was to guess, I would say my kids team won. (Of course)


No comments: