Thursday, May 03, 2012

60th Birthday

For my dad's 60th birthday I used an idea I saw on Pinterest.
Seriously love that site!

I rummaged through his Rolodex (yes, he still has one of those) and put together a list of family and friends that I thought would like to write a letter to him.  My goal was to get 60 (to go with the theme of turning 60) but after all my harassment, begging, stalking and pestering, I got almost 90 letters!  I ended up consolidating to make it an even 60, but I was soooo happy to give him this labor of love.

He kind of just stared at the stack for awhile, until I explained a little more to him, and then he seemed almost anxious to get going home so he could start reading them.  I predicted that he would read a few a day, to make it last longer, and I was totally right! This will be the gift that lasts, and lasts, and lasts.


I know he is going to enjoy this gift, but I really enjoyed it too. Every day for weeks I was getting handwritten letters in the mail.  Even though they weren't for me, it made me feel pretty darn special!

No comments: