Monday, September 17, 2012

Awkward

I have a habit of holding companies accountable for their products.  If something breaks, or wears out when its not supposed to, or fails to work for me in the way that I thought it was going to, I am not afraid to contact the company and ask for my money back, or for them to replace it, etc. 

I recently contacted the company that my pans are made from, and complained about the way my smallest frying pan was flaking away.  I'm eating all this black stuff...(which is not pepper), and I figure that's probably not good for me or my kiddos right?

They were more then willing to fix the issue if I shipped the pan to them, and so I printed out the return label, and picked up a box from the hubs' work and packaged it up, and shipped it.
(I make it sound easy, but it was mid summer, and I basically schlepped the 4 kids in and out of 2 places in order to get it sent off.  I also paid them to remain polite and quiet and not to complain in the post office, because I am fairly certain that the lady who works there hates children and secretly charges extra if the kids make a sound louder then a whisper, or touch anything that isn't meant to be touched.)

Anywho, I was pretty excited to get my new pan in the mail a few weeks later, and so when I opened the package and found my crappy, peeling, old, gross frying pan with this little note...I was more then a little embarrassed. 

Let me break it down. 

"Dear Stupid. 
Next time you try to return something to us for us to replace, make sure that its ACTUALLY A CALPHALON PAN. 
If it is one of our pans....it will SAY SO ON THE BOTTOM. (Are you getting the sarcasm...cause we're laying it on pretty thick)
Nice try.
Sincerely,
Calphalon Customer Service"


Somewhere along the way, I had failed to notice this is my one pan that doesn't belong to the set. 
Yeah. My bad. 
Awkward.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

hahahahahahahaa love it!!!!

Jessica said...

hahahahahahaha