Saturday, September 01, 2012

First Day of School

The kids just finished their 2nd week of school. 
They still aren't OK with it.

The First Day was full of fun things...like a gift for the teacher...

...and vomit.

Brynn caught something, or had severe nervous tummy issues, or whatever.  She puked in the middle of the night, and then burst into tears when I said she couldn't go to school. 
Then I cried, cause it was literally the first time EVER that she has been excited to go.  And, when I mean EVER, I mean EV-ER.

So, I went against my strict 24 hour rule, and let her put on her carefully set aside outfit, and go. 
I could tell that she wasn't up to par, but she made it through the day.  After I picked them up, she walked in the door, walked to the bathroom, and puked again. 
It was lovely.

 
 
 
 
 
 So, she stayed home the next day....Day 2 of school, and already sick? Great.

In other news:
Then we lost  our Internet connection....for 8 days.  Remember what it was like to have to call people when you need to tell them something? Or instead of just "googling" a question, you have to look it up? In a dictionary? Or and Encyclopedia...that you don't have?
Yeah, it was fun
I was that creepy lady who drove to Starbucks parking lot to get some free wifi...because I had already blown through my data allowance on the phone.

But now (sigh) everything is back to how it should be.  It's Saturday, the kids are watching TV, I'm wading through 150 emails, and catching up on my blog, and Nolan is off breaking eggs, or flooding the bathroom, or something else "normal".

It's good to be back!

No comments: