Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lost in Chaos

My house is like a hoarders episode right now...There are piles of crap....EVERYWHERE!!!!

I'm attempting to move the boys to one room, and the girls to another. 
It's like a giant game of tetris though. 
The crib has to move out, so the beds can move in.
The beds have to move in so the clothes can go back in the room.
The clothes have to go back in the room so the kids can find them so they can stop running around naked....no joke.
The boys have to move out of the girls room, so the stuff for the girls room can move out of the living room.

It's been 1 week of utter, absolute chaos.
Not only do I have to keep track of the living creatures in the house, and the 4 kids, but also which pile has the clothing, and which pile has the bedding, and which pile has the diapers...oh my gosh, we're out of diapers...red alert - red alert.

I tried to be money smart about this project and sell off everything before I got the new stuff, but I think to save my sanity if I ever do this again (which I won't, by the way), I won't do it that way.  I don't think the kids appreciated me selling their dresser, then their toy box, then their beds right out from under them.
One night we had a pile of kids sleeping on the floor, and it didn't go smoothly.
We have settled them all in various places for these last couple of nights.  It's like a giant slumber party - except no one is really having that much fun.

So, after this project is done, I will get back to the computer.
And cooking dinner.
And washing clothing.
And cleaning the toilets.
In the mean time, excuse me while I step over this pile, and shoo a stray cat out of our living room.
Yes, it's really that bad......

No comments: