Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day of Love

Our home has been invaded once again by the stomach flu, so it's not a super-duper romantic type of holiday here.  The kids have (so far) avoided it, but Rich and I were hit again...unfortunately.

But today I am thinking about marriage.
I'm thinking about love, and the people in my life who have set a darn good example of what love and marriage is.

That it's not just a feeling...but a commitment to action.
That it's not easy...and sometimes really, really hard.
That it's a journey..one that sometimes doesn't end with roses and butterflies.

My heart is full when I think of these outstanding examples of love.  I am blessed to have known them, to have spent time with them, to have been ministered to by them.  I have shared tears with them, and watched their amazing journey.  Prayed for them, and with them.  Loved them.

And I am so, so, so, SOOO grateful to have had them in my life.  In OUR life, because it is so much richer with their examples, and their faith in a God whose ways are not always understood, and their examples of how to do love and marriage right.





If you want to read more of their story, you can read here or here.




No comments: