Tuesday, April 23, 2013

More Easter


 Better late then never, I guess.

For whatever reason, I can't seem to keep up with the blog right now. 
Even now, I have 2.3 minutes to sit and write before Nolan knocks something off the counter, or demands more milk, or wants a snack...and he's only 1/4 of my responsibilities that are at home right now.

I also need to make dinner.....
But whatever.

Easter Sunday weather was a little on the bipolar side. As we got dressed it was humid and weird, it rained on the way to church, and then cleared up when we got home.  As we drove out to my parents house, we had to go soooooo slooooooow because of the golf ball sized raindrops pelting the windows.  It was so loud in the car that no one could hear anyone else talk.  Crazy rain....
Then it cleared up again for the egg hunt.  Random....

The kids had a blast finding all the eggs, and I heard mine discussing strategy of the "egg shake".  Apparently if you shook the egg and didn't hear money, then you were supposed to toss it back.  My kids were on a mission.....
 
 
 
 
 Cannon and Luke found the silver eggs.  They were pretty excited.  And pretty cute.

 

 

 
Nolan had a basket full, and the other kids did pretty well too.

 
That eve, our amazing neighbor dropped off a special little cake for us.  Yes, it's like she read my mind.  Those are mini Cadberry Eggs, and mini salt and pepper shaker.  The birds now sit on my windowsill, and the eggs...well, those sit forever on my hips I guess. 

 

No comments: