Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I had lofty expectations of trying to culture "intentional gratitude" this month.
Trying to find all the little things in each day that I am thankful for, and write them down.
I thought if I did this, it would help me really truly embrace this thankfulness "season".

The good news is that I stuck to my goal of jotting things down...for a couple days.
The bad news is that I failed about 4 days into it.

Here's what I got:
I'm thankful for warm clothes from the dryer.
I'm thankful for finding Lego dudes, and not crayons in those warm clothes.
I'm thankful for hearing certain hymns, and being reminded of my grandparents.
I'm thankful for my children's giggles...even when they are not supposed to be laughing.

And that's where I kinda petered out....

But I did ask the kids what they were thankful for this morning.
Their lists were as interesting as ever....

{Brynn}
pets
family
friends
everything in the world
God

{Cannon}
our house
America
Family
God
Friends
Cousins
Mom & Dad
Sisters & Brother
nice world
pets

{Maeve}
God
America
Daddy & Mommy
Brynn, Cannon & Nolan
Treks & Buttercup
Felix (that is dead)
Dash (that is dead)
Family
whole entire world

{Nolan}
going to Papa and Bamas
going to cousins house
milk
orange blankey
going to the park
going to school
going to church


After all that, we had thanksgiving dinner with the family and friends.
We ate, and ate, and ate.
And laughed, and then ate more. 
And the littlest little fell asleep on the floor, and I got to hold him for awhile while he slept.


 
 And the guys busted out their guitars and sang, danced and played for hours. 
 
And it was wonderful.
And reminded me that I am so blessed once again...even if I do forget to be grateful. 

No comments: