Friday, May 02, 2014

Bedroom Redo

We had to get a new comfortor for our bed {sad face}.  Our other one, which I LOVED got so thin from so many years of washings, that I was not able to keep sewing it up to repair it.
I found one at TJ Maxx, and since I had credit there, I just went with it.  It wasn't my favorite to start with, but I made it work!
And I got to FINALLY uncover my grandma's chair. 
Which is awesome.















I wanted to suprise Rich when he got back from Tennessee with a "new room" so I worked on getting it all redone while he was gone. It was fun. And lots of work.

I tried 3 times to pick out a new color for the walls.  A blue, a soft gray green, and a grey.
Turns out they were all about the same color.  
And not very different then what was already painted on the wall.
{lame}

I finally begged help from a friend and just told her to tell me what color to choose.  I was soooooo done not being able to make a choice on the color.  Totally overwhelmed.  So she picked the color, and as usual, its perfect.  Neutral, and easy to work with.  
I stocked up on all my supplies before Rich left, in hopes that I could just paint, and redecorate, but as most projects go, it took a little longer then I thought.  And I needed some help. Like someone with power tools....(which is usually the hubs) so I had my dad come over and help.  Poor guy. He got to experience my "I won't know until I see it hanging if I'm going to like it right there" issues.
Lets just say that I'm a pro with spackle and touch up paint.

I had a couple of goals with the room.
To make the bedding less old lady, more "me". (just a few extra trips to the fabric store...)
To hang up the pillowcases that Rich made me for christmas a few years ago. (one of my favorite gifts ever)
To get art on the wall that we would both like. (pretty much impossible)
 

 
To finally use some of the stuff that I've collected that I love.
And to not spend a lot of money. (cause it ain't growing on trees in our backyard)

I think I did it!

No comments: