Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas's (Plural) and After

Per the norm, we had multiple Christmas's. 
Starting with Christmas Eve Eve, Brynn read the Christmas Story, and we celebrated with cousins, second cousins and third cousins.

 
 Then Christmas Eve with the other cousins...

 
 
Christmas Morning was full of excitement for the kids.  They were appreciative of the gifts, which was nice! I actually think that this years gifts were the best ones! And since it was sunday, we got to go to church and worship together too, which was really fun.




 
I'm excited to see what she does with this!

A Lego Pirate Chess set made this kid happy!

The Christmas Day with my parents, which was subdued and different, but not terrible.


The "men" played a pretty intense game of chess.  I didn't know who would get mad and throw the board at the wall first....


A new bike for Mr Deets!
 
A day of building to finish this castle.....
 
He made it until 8:45.  Long day for this happy 6 year old!


And then Christmas with the other side a few days later that included crafts, and kids projects and games during dinner.

 
There were lots of wonderful gifts during all those gatherings, but some of my favorite moments were when I could just sit and think about what a special season it is, and how thankful I am for all the ones in the past that haven't been tainted with grief.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm very thankful for this one too, but its a different kind of thankful.  A reflective kind. 

Brynn holed up and read in her new robe for days until she finished her book, and then played with her new camera!


Hours of trying to solve this Rubix Cube...

The calm after the storm.

And this is real life here. I love everything about this.  He's playing with his chess set.  She's trying to get him to look at the camera, and Nolan wants her attentions.  Always.


No comments: