Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Years 2016

This guy was *just a little* excited at 11:15 when we told him it was 2017.

Asleep by midnight...while Lily "hid" from the fireworks...

Wrapping up 2016. 
It feels different.
Most years I really anticipate the fresh start, and the whole new year that looms ahead.
This New Years, I really was struggling and I couldn't put my finger on it until today.
I'm not seeing a new year full of new things. I'm just seeing a new year full of 365 days that I won't have with my sister.
It feels daunting, and overwhelming. 
I'm determined to lean on the Lord in this next year.
I'm determined to allow Him to be my strength and not lean on my own understanding, because, frankly, I don't understand what happened and why.

I do know that my hope in the Lord is my anchor.  And I do know that His plan is perfect, and that someday we will have answers.
And I do know that in this next year my prayer is that everything I say or do will bring glory to my Lord.

No comments: