Thursday, August 23, 2007

Brace Face

This was me before.


This is me now.

I took the plunge and got braces. It cost a pretty penny, but my hopes are that I will save the life of my teeth in the long run. I only cried a few tears in the office, and a few when I got home. I expect that that will be all. I am pretty good humor about the full metal mouth, the food that will be stuck in my teeth, the constant drooling, and the extensive cleaning routine that I have committed to for the next two years of my life. The pain is minimal, thanks to the cocktail of Advil and Tylenol that I am on, and I might even loose a couple of pounds from not being able to eat much. (Straight teeth and weight loss - there are just so many perks!)
Brynn is obsessed with touching them (get your fingers out of my mouth, squirt!) and pretending that she has pink, purple and blue braces as well. Cannon doesn't even notice (typical boy).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not so bad! I hope the pain hasn't increased. Better than being toothless!