Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Due to Rich's on call shift on the 4th, we celebrated the 4th a day early at Analy High School. We packed up a picnic dinner, met my family, and shared an evening together.






We shared our evening with about a million other people. I can't believe how many people were there. The entire football field was so full with blankets, chairs and people that you couldn't walk on it. The stands were full, and the all weather track had almost filled itself up as well. It was amazing.


I had Cannon on my lap when the fireworks started. His whole body shook with every "boom" of the fireworks, and he could only handle a few before he asked for his kitty cat blanket and hid his face. He was actually trembling! It was pretty sad, but the blanket, and my hugs helped him get through the show. He actually never watched any of the fireworks display, but at least he sat through it and didn't cry.


Brynn loved it all, and insisted that there would be more if we just sat long enough and waited. I told her that next year we would see them again, and that seemed to satisfy her.


Maeve slept through the entire thing like a pro. Rich almost slept through it, except that I sent Brynn over to jump on him as the show was about to start...



It was a great night, and I hope next year to do it again.

No comments: