Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Fav

Rich and I went out on a date last night, and I have to rave a bit about the restaurant we went to. Over by the park is East West Cafe, and although I have been before its been a really long time and last night was a good reminder why I used to go! Yummy!


Such healthy and delicious food! Rich had the Pasta Special which was good, and I had the Falafel Plate. It was a sort of sampling of a bunch of different types of foods that the place serves. Falafel cakes (which I am now a huge fan of), hummus (always been a fan), beet delite (beets with tahini, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and walnuts - it was actually really good, and I love beets), tabbouleh (something that I am going to try to make at home now), tahini sauce (yummy), and whole wheat pitas to assemble it all in.

Falafel

Tabbouleh

I was so glad to order it, and after I had cleaned my plate, I could not have been happier. The inside of the restaurant was really nice and relaxing too. It was like a mental vacation, as Rich put it. The meal was more expensive than our normal date fare (free) but we have started a new budgeting system that allowed for it.
I know its not every ones type of food, but for Rich and I, it was a perfect and enjoyable night.

1 comment:

Heidi Jo said...

Yay! I LOVE EastWest... so much. And actually I have been craving it lately. I'm glad you had fun going. Mmm... maybe David and I will get to go someday soon.