Sunday, September 07, 2008

This week...

Its Sunday morning, and I have been up since the crack of dawn. Literally. Maeve woke up at 6am to nurse, and I couldn't get back to sleep after that. It's not a bad thing, I do love the mornings. It's quiet in the house, the day hasn't heated up yet, and my morning coffee is always calling my name.
This week has been long! It's been hot, and the kids are irritable like their mother. We are settling into the routine of preschool, and I really think that Cannon is enjoying his time with me. I have been busy working with my hands. Sewing has become my outlet that I can put time into and it keeps my semi-creative juices flowing. I wish that I was better at it (like some people I know - Elissa) but it's fun, and I learn something new each time that I try to make something. I have been making a lot of baby things lately for the list of people that I know who are pregnant. The list is REALLY long. I will post some pics of my latest things later.

This Weeks Update
:
Brynn's second week of preschool - She has a Tuesday best friend named Grace, and a Friday best friend named Lily.
Cannon's second week of being top dog - Even though Brynn would kill me if she knew, I let Cannon play with her dollhouse while she is at school. We just make sure that it's all cleaned up before she comes home....ssshhh, don't tell her until she is older.
Maeve - I was working in the kitchen and Rich commented that Maeve really enjoyed being on her tummy...WHAT???? Apparently she has been practicing rolling over, and finally succeeded. I didn't even get to see it! Anyways, another milestone accomplished for our little one!
Angie - I just started reading The Mission of Motherhood. It appears to be a great book! (I have only read the first chapter at this point.) I also have the much discussed book "The Shack" on my pile to read. Can't wait to crack into that one. This weeks theme in my life - "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!"
Rich - Work, work, work! This man is the sole provider for the family, and he really takes his job seriously. I can tell everyday when he comes home that his heart has been with us all day. He loves the kids (and me) and can't wait to be home with us. He recently had his annual review, and of course, his boss had nothing but wonderful things to say about him. I love hearing from the people that he works with that he is a honorable, dependable man of integrity (all the things that I already know!) With the review came a raise, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Our hospital bill from the latest pregnancy and birth was huge, and we weren't really sure how it was going to be paid. God is good! Our next financial goal is to save some money to replace the roof that is as old as the house...The joys of home ownership right?
And last but not least Treks - The dog is enjoying life as always. Plenty of dog food as well as table scraps. He is already eyeing Maeve with the knowledge that as soon as she starts eating with us at the table, his food intake will increase once again. The kids harass him, and try to dress him up. He spends most of the day sleeping, and the rest of the day running away and hiding from the kids. He has found a great spot under the crib in the back room. Smart puppy!

Well, I am off to shower, dress, and feed my family before church this morning. Maybe a refill on my coffee too....

"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments: