Monday, November 03, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Nov 1 is a great day! It's my birthday. I turned..(pause and deep breath)...31...this year. I can't believe that now I have to officially say that I am in 30's. Married, 3 kids, in my thirties...wow.

Any who, it was a great birthday. They all are. I love my birthday. It's the day that I set aside to do whatever I want, and don't feel guilty about it. I don't go to work (when I was employed), I don't go to school (when I was in school), and I don't change diapers.

We convinced some of the family to go with us to the Exploratorium and play all day. There is so much to see, and we didn't even have enough energy to do it all in one day. I really want to go back again! www.exploratorium.edu


We had a great time, and being the science nerd that I am, I am happy to say that we all learned something too. The kids had fun running around touching, using and playing with all the displays.

Spinning the sand table to create patterns.

Placing different shaped objects on the fountain to change the flow of water.


Cannon spaced out and watched fish in a tank for about 30 minutes.


I spent some time by myself in the "Mind" section, testing my abilities to reason, discern and learn. One of my favorite exhibits is the toilet drinking fountain, but there were so many that I had fun working with.



After everyone was Exploratoriumed out, we ate a yummy meal at California Pizza Kitchen and came home to put the kids to bed and relax for the rest of the evening. Fun, fun, fun! Can't wait till next year. Only 364 days to go!


This is actually the second go at the candles. The first time, Cannon didn't get to help, and he burst into tears, so we had a do-over that included him. Notice the high heels my son is wearing...

My beautiful Princess Cake. It's my new favorite kind!

Oh, yeah. That is layer upon layer of deliciousness. White cake layer, whip cream layer, white cake layer, raspberry layer, whip cream layer, white cake layer, and then another whip cream layer. All topped off with a almond fondant layer, and marzipan decorations. Its amazing, delicious, and wonderful all in the same decadent mouthful!

No comments: