Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunt

The fam got together yesterday morning and set out to capture and "kill" the perfect tree.
We shared breakfast, and then headed down the street to the nearest tree farm. Within minutes we found our tree.

You can almost hear the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree theme in the background.

The tree cost us a whopping $9. While we were at the farm, I was hoping it was due to the economical crisis. When we got home, I see that it was due to the shape, size and stature of the tree...
Each of the kids brought their monocles to spot the perfect tree. Cannon found his immediately, and Brynn had to look for a few minutes to find hers. We ended up coming home with the $9 tree instead.
The family pic turned out classic. The 6 month old was looking at the tree trying to grab it, the two year old was trying to comply - but caught slightly off guard (just slightly...), and the four year old was making a face. I had nothing with me to bribe her with to make a nice smile for the pic. Ugh. I am over it.

On our way back to the car to load up the 5 lb tree, I saw this bumper sticker. What can I say. Pretty funny, and pretty classic of the area!

We came home, decorated the outside of the house, and will work on the tree tonight. Let the Christmas music start, and the countdown begin!
I (heart) Christmas!

No comments: