Friday, May 22, 2009

"J" Week

"J" week is FINALLY over! It has only taken me 3 weeks to do the letter J with the kids. I don't know if it was a serious case of laziness, or just too busy to sit down with them at the table, but my goodness, that took FOREVER!!!
We actually started the letter with a field trip to the Jelly Belly factory with the cousins. It was so much fun. My niece got carsick on the way, and missed out on the tour, but besides that, it went without a hitch. The factory smelled like a bazillion different flavors of jelly beans. It actually got a little overwhelming for me. I don't really like sweet, sweet smells, and this place was saturated in them.
The kids had fun watching the assembly line of the jelly beans, and the packaging robots, and then the tasting bar at the end was a hit. My poor nephew got bamboozled into trying the "vomit" jellybean, and I felt honestly sorry for him when I saw the look on his face from the horrid taste. I didn't think it was funny at all.
We all got a chance to try the nasty flavored ones after our tour, and no one could stomach the vomit one. Baby wipes, toothpaste, pencil shavings, and even booger were tolerable. Vomit was disgusting!
The rest of our J week studies focused on Jellyfish, made with paper plates and crepe paper, and our verse of the week about having a "joyful heart". (Proverbs 17:22)

The kids enjoyed gluing jelly beans on the letter j, but not as much as they enjoyed eating a bag of jellybeans when we were done. Yummy!!!

No comments: