Friday, April 30, 2010

That Darn Dog...

Having a pet is draining....on my time, mental ability and bank account.

Every year, without fail, our faithful furry companion gets an ear infection. Has to do with the weather..... supposedly.

This year, it came on quietly but strong! I woke up at 1am one morning to him pacing and whining and shaking his head like crazy. Went to the garage to pull out my ever ready supply of antibiotics for his ear, and was about to give him some drops. Through my bleary, sleep state, I noticed that his ear was oozing and bleeding, so I woke up Rich to let him know that we were headed to the emergency vet. Rich offered to take him (took the hint that I didn't REALLY want to go) and came home three hours later, and $250 dollars poorer.

He also came home with 3 different medications that I was to give the dog at different times throughout the day, for 9 days....

So, here is my life:
Pop a prenatal, try not to throw it up.
Convince (aka bribe) Maeve to allow me to rub creme on eczema toes morning and night.
Dry heave, some more.
Force an oral antibiotic down dogs' throat, 2 times a day.
Hide a prednisone pill in dogs food and hope that he doesn't go crazy and kill us all in our sleep, 2 times a day.
Dry heave, lay down and rest.
Pin the dog down and drop 3 drops of antibiotic ear drops in LEFT ear, 3 times a day.
Dry heave, dry heave, take a nap.

Keep it straight Ang, keep it straight....

No comments: