Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The 10 Year Anniversary

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary on April 7th! I am blessed to have been able to share the last 10 years of marriage with Rich, and excited to do some more!
It was an amazing day! Started out a bit rough, but ended beautifully!

I had a really hard time coming up with the perfect gift for him! I needed something great, something worthy of our 10 year milestone, but it had to be cheap, since we had agreed to spend our "gift" money on our Tahoe vacation.

My sis in law suggested making him a "52 Reasons Why I Love You" gift. It was a deck of cards listing 52 reasons of why I love him, with a funny or sentimental picture to go with each reason. I had a great time putting it together, and suprisingly had a hard time just narrowing it down to 52!

I gave it to him in the morning, and he LOVED it! He gave me a picture that he had drawn of us.
How do I put this nicely? He worked really hard on it, but for whatever reason, he could not get his own look right. So, basically its a picture of me....and a stranger.

After he left for work, Nolan cried for an hour and a half. It was miserable. I packed up the kids and drove to the only refuge that I knew of....my moms. I handed my baby over to her and tried to enjoy the rest of the day.

My hubby (of 10 years - giggle), texted me with directions to get ready, cause he was going to pick me up. I was so grateful for some time with him...even if it was just for a cup of coffee. Heck, even if it was just a ride together in the car...anything!

He picked me up, and we drove out to the same beach that he proposed to me at! He had thoughtfully bought some vietnamese food (one of my favorites), a duraflame log, a warm jacket and hat, and his guitar case. It was a good thing we found shelter under some driftwood cause it was one of those windy, sandblasting type evenings at the beach, so the little fire he built was really nice! We ate our dinner, enjoyed a drink, and even some York Peppermint Patties (another favorite), and he pulled out the guitar to play a song that he had written just for me! *Swoon* I laughed....and cried! Perfect!
He then pulled out his wedding vow and repeated it for me, and put a cool little ring on my finger!
I love, love, love this man!










My Song:
Road trips without a plan
Puppies laying in the sand
I'm still crazy about you.

Prayers in cars or in yards,
My dad wears a bite guard,
And I'm still crazy about you.

Oh isn't it crazy
What we've been through,
Life's been so good,
And I'm still crazy for you.

Skin to skin in rental cars
That ones gonna leave a scar,
I'm still crazy about you.

Makin' budget, makin' babies,
Doin' projects with my lady,
I'm still crazy about you.

(Chorus)

Work today was such a mess,
But you had it worse, I must confess,
I'm still crazy about you.

Breakers Inn we need a break,
Bones Cafe lets have some steak,
I'm still crazy about you.

(Chorus 2x)














1 comment:

Jessica said...

That sounds wonderful! The song, the food, the beach, the ring... so thoughtful! (Guess i have to wait another 5 for my hubby to get that 'perfect' evening put to gether). ;)
p.s. your hair has gotten soooo long! very pretty.