Saturday, April 23, 2011

They're Out!

Brynn took a trip to the dentist to "check out" her bottom two teeth. They have been loose, but unfortunately not loose enough to come out before the two permanent teeth came up...behind them. Kind of like a shark. Two rows of teeth. Eek.

Pause while I put my head between my knees so I don't pass out....

Needless to say, Rich went with her, and being the weird child (who I am 100% convinced that is not related to me after this incident) that she is, enjoyed the whole experience. They numbed it, gave her some local numbing, and yanked the teeth out. Rich watched. I would have passed out. Or barfed. Or both.

She came home, drooling, with wads of gauze in her mouth. I stayed away. Only looked when I absolutely had to.

Her adult teeth have moved forward and filled in the spot nicely, thank goodness. The next ones to go are the top ones I guess. *gag*

The Tooth Fairy visited, took the teeth, and left her some pretty cool coins. Apparently you get $1 per tooth and then a little extra if the dentist has to pull them. Apparently the tooth fairy is going to have to get another job to keep up with inflation.
The Tooth Fairy also left a note in the itty-est, bitty-est writing ever. Brynn was ecstatic!


No comments: