Monday, April 04, 2011

Anniversary

So I have a baby asleep in my arms, and am typing at an awkwardly slow pace....but I at least I am trying!

Nolan has been crazy the last few weeks. He is uber needy, nursing every 2 hours AROUND. THE. CLOCK, and I am now to the point of exhaustion where everything is funny. You know, the giddy overtired crazy type of funny.
For example: I was sitting outside with the kids, and watched my neighbors 90 yr old mother fall face first into a pile of rock, and for a split second my first reaction was a laugh. (The next second I was running barefoot across the street screaming for help, so don't worry, I am still a fit mother...)

Anyways, our (eek) ten year anniversary is coming up on Thursday April 7th. I am pretty excited. We had big dreams to go someplace far away and have a "2nd" honeymoon, but then Nolan happened and that dream kinda just withered up and died. Or maybe I should say that we traded that dream for an amazingly cute little baby boy...(way to look on the bright side there Ang!)

So, instead we are going away for a week as a family! Blessed beyond belief by Rich's aunt, we are using her time share, and will be in the gorgeous mountains of Tahoe in (from what I hear) some pretty nice diggs. I have been busting my rear trying to gather snow boots, gloves, bibs, hats, as well as swimsuits and life jackets for our week away. (There is an indoor pool.....)
I am also trying to tuck away a few little toys and games that the kids haven't seen for the drive. I am dreading the drive. Really, really, dreading it.

I am also trying to work on a little something special for the hubs too for the anniversary present. Its super cheap (free actually) and pretty time consuming, but I think that he will love, love, love it. He better.

Every day that we wake up this week I have been reminding him that its only (insert how many days here) until our 10 year anniversary. Its a true test of his love, cause my hair is crazy, my retainer is in, making me drool, and my breath is pretty ranky.

I can't believe its been 10 years. I mean, really, can I be that old?
I still get butterflies when I see him driving on the road.
He still makes me blush.
His jokes still make me giggle, and even though he has seen me at my worst (pick any of my 4 labor and deliveries) I still catch him looking at me with "that" look....

The guy is just plain amazing. I am one lucky chick!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congratulations you guys! That's wonderful! Pretty sure that "that" look is still one of the most complemetary things that any hubby can do/say :)