Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sweetness

Kids, I have to write this down, so that I can remember some of the sweet things that you do for each other....

The other day you guys were playing outside all day, and left most (all) of your toys out on the patio. It rained that night (we are having bi-polar weather right now) and your toys and shoes, and clothing - yes, you managed to strip down to nothing in the time you were out there - got drenched. I was a little upset, because some of your toys are electronic, and I am pretty sure they will never work again, and I had you all line up at the sliding door and look outside while I lectured you. (I always told myself I would not be "that" kind of mom, but never say never - right?)

After I was done, you went outside Brynn, and picked up all the toys that Cannon had left out, and brought them carefully into the garage, and laid them out so that they would dry. I didn't know that you had done that, until I went out later. It was really sweet and caring of you honey!

And Cannon, right now, as I type this, you are sitting on the floor making a parachute for your sister. She really liked the one you made yourself, and so you got the idea to make a surprise for her and give it to her when she gets home from school. It is truly the sweetest gesture!

Maeve, you are still just 2. Still in your own world, not concerned about others, but I love it that you will walk up to Brynn, or Cannon and give them a hug for no reason. You adore them, even when they try to leave you out.

Nolan, you are not really concerned with anything other than eating, sleeping, and being held, but I love it that you "talk" to the kids, and watch what they do. You smile at them, and really seem to enjoy all the attention that they give you.

I love you guys! The baby is crying now, so its back to reality, and I am asking in advance for your forgiveness for the times that I will yell at you today. I can tell its going to be "one of those days".... (at this exact moment I hear all the crayons - hundreds of them - being spilled on the kitchen floor...)

Love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments: