Friday, March 04, 2011

Pnuemonia

We just got a hospital bill in the mail.
Eek.

Added to the cost of Nolan's delivery, is the new adjustment for Brynn's recent bout of Pneumonia.
Another "eek".

It wasn't going to be too bad of a bill, until she was admitted to the Emergency Room for treatment. The first appointment and antibiotics only ran us about $200..... "Only".

The second appointment was an urgent care appointment, followed by a few breathing treatments, followed by an emergency room admittance, followed by blood tests, and IV, more breathing treatments, and a new prescription. I think they even charged us for the graham crackers that she ate. (I am not sure of where that would fall in the itemized sheet, but I am pretty sure its there.)



Basically we are going to meet our family deductible pretty quickly here. I guess, on the bright side, that means that we have 9 months of "free" health care coming our way. Lol - I just spit out my tea laughing at "free".

(And don't think that I wasn't a "wee" bit upset at having to pay for antibiotics two times! I am totally tucking that first HUGE bottle of meds away for the "next time".)

No comments: