Friday, July 29, 2011

Crafty Nook

Nolan's room finally is finished.
When I say "finished" I mean that I finally moved my craft table, sewing machine, material, etc, out of his room.
It was getting a little ridiculous. I mean, the kid is crawling now, and a sharp pair of scissors in a sewing basket are not the best toy...
So I moved the table out to the garage to my new "craft nook".
Rich gladly gave up a small part of our newly sheet rocked, textured and painted garage for a little workstation for me. I couldn't be more grateful!

I bought a shelf that had seen better days, and used 6 cans of spray paint to transform it from white and green crackle (yeah, crackle paint) finish to a soft yellow and white. The hubs told me to hang a curtain, so I went for it! I also found the perfect table at a local thrift store.

I haven't finished organizing my shelf yet (funding ran out...have to wait until next month when the money tree blooms again) but its a much anticipated upcoming activity.


So, I finally have a small little nook in our small little house for my small little habit of crafting.
*Sigh*

2 comments:

Elissa said...

Its looks so great! I cant wait till mine is done.

Goosegirl said...

I love it! I am trying to finish my area too. It is a total mess but I still sew in it. However it isn't super functional. I hope to have it done tonight, after Back to School night!