Thursday, November 10, 2011

Birthday Week

I think EVERY birthday should be celebrated for a week long. Especially MY birthday!

This year's birthday started with a total unexpected surprise party. I am, apparently, totally oblivious, and our home team, with Rich organizing it all, pulled off an awesome, heart attack inspiring surprise. Rich managed to get me in the house first, and I let out a terrified scream when I saw a bunch of people standing in my dusky kitchen. I was lit-er-ally about to grab the kids and bolt, thinking that we were all going to be murdered. When they all yelled out "Surprise" I almost burst into tears (and peed my pants). The whole group headed to Chevy's for some yummy dinner, never ending chips and salsa, and a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday complete with "the hat".

Elissa made a cake for me, so I was excited to dive into that! I love, love, love her cakes! Love the frosting, love the cake, love everything about them! Everyone sang happy birthday, and I enjoyed the evening devoted to me!
On Tuesday I woke up to a chorus of coughing. Everyone, including the baby has some stage of this cold, but it wasn't going to put a damper on my day. Rich took the kids to his parents, and went to work for me in the kids classroom. Translate: I had the house to myself, for 3 whole hours. It was bliss!
I also scheduled myself a last minute massage, that bordered on painful and left me sore, but I enjoyed that too! After some downtime at the house, Rich and I got to go out to dinner sans kids. Again....perfect!
And then, because it can't end there, we went out Wednesday for a girls night out to paint pottery. A candle was stuck into a cupcake, and it became another birthday celebration for me. Good times, good times.
I feel like this year I had the Best. Birthday. Ever!

2 comments:

mme ennui said...

Ahhh! It's so fun to see Grandpa John and Auntie Christi's faces! Miss all of you guys!!

mme ennui said...

So fun to see Grandpa John and Auntie Christi's faces-- miss all of you guys!! xoxo