Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Car Time

#3 and I spend a lot of time in the car waiting.
We wait for the kids to walk (at the most leisurely pace ev-ver) the path everyday after school to the car. 

We wait, and we wait, and we wait.

So while we wait, we've been working on some kindergarten readiness work.

This little one is not as ready for next year as I would like her to be.
In fact, it wasn't after her preschool parent teacher meeting, when phrases like
"repeat preschool" &
"home school" &
"at least stay enrolled during the summer"
were uttered I realized HOW far behind she is.

Like, we better start working on those A,B,C's kind of behind.

So, that is what we have been doing. While Nolan complains and whines about being confined to his car seat while we wait, Maeve and I work.


I'm trying to drill them into her, and she is daydreaming her way through a workbook. 
Typical Maeve - life is rainbows and butterflies for her. All. The. Time. 

I was a little worried about it, until we had her kindergarten assessment and I talked to the teacher.  He assured me that she was fine, will do fine next year, etc, so I have lightened up a little bit on the after school cramming, and we get to go back to just hanging out...with some academics involved.

I love this little one!


No comments: